Meetings in Baku Nobel Heritage FundOn the day of arrival, GA Zyuganov and the delegation visited Baku Nobel Heritage Fund and the Nobel Museum - Villa Petrolia - the first museum of the Nobel Family outside Sweden. Nobel name is closely connected with the oil history of Azerbaijan. They were pioneers in the development of petroleum resources in the country. Founded in the late nineteenth century, the joint-stock company "Association Nobel" was the first to introduce this industry innovative technologies and thinking about community-oriented economy, allocating 40% of profits to wages and social services workers.
During a visit to the Foundation GA Zyuganov was awarded the medal, established by the International Nobel Foundation.
Conversation with Secretary of the CPC Du QinglinPrior to the opening of the 7th General Assembly meeting, GA Zyuganov with the Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and vice-chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Committee, Du Qinglin. Tov. Du Qinglin informed the GA Zyuganov of the just concluded XVIII Congress of the Communist Party of China on Its decisions and ways of development of China in the coming years.
In turn, GA Zyuganov described the preparation of the party for the upcoming next February fifteenth anniversary congress of the Communist Party and invited a delegation of the Communist Party of China to participate in the congress.
The sides exchanged views on a wide range of issues of interest to both parties.
The meeting was attended by members of the Bureau, the Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of LI Kalashnikov and the deputy Communist Party faction in the State Duma, AP Tarnaev.
Asia - the locomotive of modern history. Zyuganov speech at the plenary session of the Assembly
At the plenary session of the 7th General Assembly, the first after the main report, the Chairman of the Central Committee Communist Party, GA Zyuganov, very warmly received by the forum.As you know, Russia is the historical center of Eurasia - said Gennady Zyuganov at the outset. - It is in our country for thousands of years held the geopolitical "bridge" that connects the two worlds, two civilizations - European and Asian. Went through it as economic cooperation and cultural exchanges between the two countries, separated from each other for thousands of kilometers. Through it comes in waves of conquerors, often subdues the oldest centers of civilization, and often destroy them. Differently formed stroke Eurasian dialogue. But for us it has always been extremely important. Today, as we prepare to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, it is useful to remember that our federal government originally planned to be called, and in a number of key documents and called the Union of Soviet Republics of Europe and Asia. Therefore, we always follow with interest the work of the International Conference of Asian Political Parties, and seriously preparing for participation in them.
The conference theme "The World - Safety - reconciliation" as relevant as ever in the emerging new geopolitical situation.
Signs of rotting capitalist system are obvious. Amazed at all the areas of the system: production, finance, politics, culture and morality. A whole group of countries in the Eurozone was in the verge of bankruptcy. The U.S. national debt exceeded $ 16 trillion.
The general crisis of bourgeois social and economic system has lasted for a century, the sharpening, several retreating. It is another aggravation today before our eyes. Those promoting fangled theory of globalization, expect "cut" of the Leninist theory of imperialism as the highest stage of capitalism, to bring it to oblivion. For us, the communists, she is the ideological and theoretical guidance in the analysis and assessment of the modern capitalist economy.
Back in 2002, we estimated globalism as the present stage of imperialism. Here are the main features of the imperialist era of globalization:
1. Final subjugation of the production of capital, industrial capital of financial and speculative.
2. The transformation of market relations in the artificial enforcement mechanism, unequal exchange and plunder of entire countries and peoples.
3. Establishment of a global model of the "international division of labor" that embodies a blatant social inequality in plenary scale.
4. The rapid growth of the political influence of transnational corporations and financial-industrial groups. To strengthen their claim to the unlimited sovereignty.
5. Loss of national governments control over the processes in the world and in their own national economy. Revision of the fundamental rules of international law, establishment of a global government.
6. Information and cultural expansion as a form of aggression. Spiritual unification at the most primitive level. Eradication of the national identity of nations and peoples.
7. Parasitism of transnational capital. Assigning them to benefit from the introduction of high technology in the rest of the world is poverty. Decay and qualitative inhibition of technological progress.
After the destruction of the Soviet Union to live on the planet Earth has become much more difficult and dangerous. Acute and bleed numerous conflicts. Recently, almost all have been destabilizing the Middle East and North Africa. Following the massacre in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya blown civil war in Syria. Increasing pressure on Iran and North Korea. U.S. strategy colonial and dependent countries of the West once again puts humanity in the face of World War II. Actively put into practice reactionary theory of the "war of civilizations". West declared support of "freedom", "democracy" and "human rights" to the world.
The global financial capital, operating stages, conducts business from their economic dependence to political submission. Building a system of world governance, imperialism has created special institutions. These include the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organization. For those who resist the "peaceful" submission globalists NATO exists - the institution of military violence.
All this causes resistance. That is why the pop structures EU and Mrs Merkel in Athens as an unfriendly welcome the masses of protesters Greeks. That is why the streets of Spanish cities are transformed into an arena of fierce class battles, creating memories of the battles of the Civil War. The working people are increasingly protesting, does not want to live as before.
In the world of globalization matures rebuff American. More and more people and social movements demanding change: the harmonious development of the productive forces, wise consumption, respect for nature. Even supporters of capitalism is increasingly called upon to treat it with socialism. Christian Democrat and former President of Germany Keller said about the collapse of "Anglo-Saxon capitalism" gamblers and adventurers. Francois Oland introduces a special tax on the rich. In the next two years, all French citizens who receive more than 1 million a year, will give the state 75% of their income. Echoing the European leaders and U.S. President Obama is trying to put the reins on the "fat cats" who profit from the peak of the crisis. Bourgeoisie is increasingly difficult to manage "the old way."
A major trend is geoporyadka new shift in the global center of economic activity in the Asia-Pacific Region (APR), which emphasizes the protracted crisis in Europe and North America.
According to experts, the global crisis is far from over. In this regard, the experience is worthy of our neighbors - China, which demonstrates that retain high levels of economic growth may be only due to massive investments in infrastructure.
In these conditions, the maximum utilization of the huge economic, scientific and cultural potential of Asia opens, in our view, the prospects for long-term and sustainable solution of the significant issues such as food, energy, military, and environmental safety.
The site of the International Conference - the dialogue of more than 300 political parties: the ruling and opposition, conservative, liberal and communist, in over 50 countries of the region, offers a unique opportunity to discuss all relevant issues. And, importantly, without the "tips" from "well-wishers" outside of our region. The joint development of proposals for dealing with them powerful political forces of the participating countries can be the key to their implementation by means of government policy.
Briefly on our vision of some of these problems.
1. Problem of infrastructure, energy and transport arrangement of the Asian region - one of the cornerstones of regional security. This task would reduce the socio-economic asymmetry between the neighboring countries, and would increase the area of contact between the project participants.
In Russia, work is under way in this direction. Functioning as a future single Eurasian infrastructure could be already working projects - Trans-Siberian Railway, oil pipeline, gas pipeline Sakhalin-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok, GLONASS, etc. as tools to fit firmly in Eurasia Pacific economic landscape and re-associate it with Europe spoke to the Northern Sea Route, Trans-cable system, BAM, etc. In the same breath with them would stand the Trans-Korean Railway and the Trans-Korean gas pipeline. In general, it could be about the collective economic mega-project, which Russian experts called "the Eurasian and Pacific Initiative to increase investment."
2. Food security will be one of the central issues in XXI century. In many countries and sub-Pacific population growth outpaced the growth of food resources. For example, in 2010, of 925 million people who fall into the category nedopotreblyayuschih food in the world, 578 million were in Asia-Pacific).
Among the promising areas of cooperation in this area can be identified:
- The formation of a regional monitoring and forecasting food situation;
- Display a higher level of coordination in the provision of food aid in emergency situations;
- The initiation and implementation of joint projects relating to the production of biofuels. We can expect that practical progress in this area will not only create jobs, but also to reduce carbon dioxide emissions to the atmosphere.
As part of enhancing food security in the region Russia's potential is determined by the presence of vast arable land and vast reserves of fresh water. Thus, in Eastern Siberia and the Far East are not used to 50% of the arable land. In this regard, it could lead to the creation involving Russia Regional Grain Fund (modeled after the East Asian rice fund).
3. Problem of water sharing is still a "stumbling block" in the relationship between a number of countries in the region. This state of constant use counterproductive force to trigger different levels of conflict and destabilize the whole region. And in this regard, our countries promising prospects.
4. A number of countries in the region became involved in drug trafficking. Providing feedstock production, processing and transportation can only be solved by military means, forming the territory of the countries source of instability. With such "hot spots" in the state can not tackle alone on their own, so the fight against them requires very close coordination between all States concerned.
5. Believes that additional impetus to the development of multilateral cooperation in the region stemming from the construction of the Parliamentary Union of Asian countries, proposed by our colleagues in the party "Yeni Azerbaijan". Such inter-parliamentary structure could at the political level to confirm the growing economic potential of Asia and become one of the spokesmen of the collective political will of its peoples.
Overall - we offer recreate updated "Euro-Asian Bridge" very close and effective cooperation between our peoples, countries and continents. Russia, which is thousands of years most actively involved in the life of both Europe and Asia, and is ready to fulfill its historic mission - to be the link between the main centers of the civilization of the modern world in the present - a difficult moment in its development.
Chairman of the CC CPRF,
Asia is the Locomotive of Modern History
Russia is historically the centre of Eurasia. Over millennia the geopolitical "bridge" that linked the two worlds, the two civilizations - European and Asian - passed through our country. It carried both economic cooperation and cultural exchanges between countries thousands of miles away from one another. The waves of conquerors who often subjugated ancient seats of civilization and infrequently destroyed them swept through Russia. The Eurasian dialogue has a checkered history. But for us it has always been exceptionally important. Today, as we prepare to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics it would not be irrelevant to recall that initially our union state was to be called, and indeed was referred to in some key documents, as the Union of the SovietRepublics of Europe and Asia. Therefore we always follow with interest the work of international conferences of Asian political parties and prepare for them in a most serious way.
The theme of the conference, "Peace - Security - Reconciliation" is more relevant than ever in the geopolitical situation that is emerging.
The signs of the decay of capitalism are evident. All the spheres of that system have been affected: production, finances, politics, culture and morality. A whole group of euro zone countries is facing bankruptcy. In the USA the national debt has topped $ 16 trillion.
The general crisis of the bourgeois social and economic system has waxed and waned for a century already. Today it is sharpening under our eyes. Those who are advancing the new-fangled globalization theories hope that they will supersede Lenin's theory of imperialism as the highest stage of capitalism and consign it to oblivion. But to us communists, this doctrine is the ideological and theoretical beacon in analyzing and assessing the modern capitalist economy.
Back in 2002 we gave an assessment of the modern stage in the development of imperialism. The following are the main features of imperialism in the era of globalization:
- Final subjugation of production and industrial capital to financial and speculative capital.
- Final transformation of market relations into an artificial mechanism of coercion, inequitable exchange and plunder of entire countries and peoples.
- The establishment of a global model of "international division of labour" that perpetuates glaring social inequalities on the planetary scale.
- Rapid growth of the political influence of transnational corporations and financial-industrial groups. Their growing claims to unlimited sovereignty.
- The loss by national governments of control over the processes both in world and in their own national economies. Revision of the fundamental norms of international law and the creation of global power structures.
- Information and cultural expansion as a form of aggression. Spiritual uniformity at the most primitive level. Eradication of national specificities of countries and peoples.
- Parasitic nature of transnational capital which reaps all the benefits from the introduction of high technologies while the rest of the world lives in poverty. Decay and qualitative slow-down of scientific and technical progress.
The world financial capital is step by step moving to translate their economic dependence into political subjugation. Imperialism has created special institutions to build a system to rule the world. The World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organisation are among them. For those who resist "peaceful" subjugation to the globalists there is NATO, an institution of military force.
All this is meeting with resistance. That is why the structures of the European Union are splitting at the seams and Ms Merkel gets such an unfriendly reception in Athens from the protesting masses of Greeks. That is why the streets of Spanish cities are turning into an arena of fierce class battles bringing back memories of the battles of the Civil War. The working people are increasingly protesting and resent living as before.
Resistance to globalization American-style is mounting in the world. More and more people and social movements are demanding change: harmonious development of productive forces, reasonable consumption and a caring attitude to nature. Even the advocates of capitalism increasingly promote socialism as its cure. Christian Democrat and former President of the FRG, Koeller, speaks about the collapse of "Anglo-Saxon capitalism" of gamblers and adventurers. Francois Hollande introduces a tax on the rich. In the next two years all the French citizens with an annual income of more than EUR 1 million will be giving 75% of their incomes to the state. Echoing the European leaders, President Obama of the US is trying to rein in the "fat cats" who are getting rich at the peak of the crisis. The bourgeoisie is finding it increasingly difficult to rule "in the old way."
One of the key trends in the new geopolitical order is the shift of the world economic activity centre to the Asia-Pacific Region (APR), which underscores the protracted character of the crisis in Europe and North America.
According to experts, the global crisis is far from over. In this connection the experience of our neighbour, China, merits attention. It demonstrates that a high rate of economic growth can only be maintained by massive investments in infrastructure.
In this context, maximum use of the economic, scientific and cultural potential of Asian countries opens up, in our opinion, possibilities for long-term and sustainable solution of such universal problems as ensuring food, energy, military and environmental security.
The International Conference is a dialogue of more than 300 political parties, ruling and opposition ones, conservative, liberal and communist, from more than 50 countries in the region, and it offers a unique opportunity to discuss all the significant problems, and, very importantly , to do so without promptings from "well-wishers" outside our region. If influential political forces of the member countries jointly work out proposals for their solution that would guarantee that they will be implemented by governments.
I would now like to mention briefly some of these problems.
1. The problem of infrastructure, energy and transport development of the Asian region is a cornerstone of regional security.
The solution of that task would reduce the asymmetry between the neighbour countries and expand common ground between the participants in the project.
Russia is already moving in this direction. The projects that are already working - the Trans-Siberian Railway, the East Siberia Pacific Oil Pipeline, the Sakhalin-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok gas pipeline, GLONASS and others - could become elements in the future integrated Eurasian infrastructure. The Northern Sea Route, the Trans-Arctic Cable System, the Baikal Amur Railway, etc. could be instruments that would make Eurasia fit more closely in the Pacific economic landscape and provide new links with Europe. The same holds for the Trans-Korean Railway and the Trans-Korean Gas Pipeline. On the whole it could be a collective economic mega-project which the Russian expert community calls "The Eurasian-Pacific Investment Promotion Initiative."
2. The problem of food security will become one of the key ones in the 21st century. Population growth outstrips the growth of food production in many APR countries and subregions. For example: i n 2010 out of the 925 million undernourished people in the world, 578 million lived in the APR countries).
The following are some of the more promising areas of cooperation in this field:
- Forming a regional system to monitor and forecast the food situation;
- Upgrading the coordination of actions when delivering food relief in emergency situations;
- Initiating and implementing joint bio-fuel production projects. One can expect that practical advances in this direction will not only create new jobs but reduce greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere.
As part of strengthening food security in the region, Russia's potential lies in its vast arable lands and huge fresh water resources. In Eastern Siberia and the Far East 50% of arable land is not used. It would be possible to create a joint Regional Grain Fund (similar to the East Asian Rice Fund) with Russian participation.
3. The problem of joint use of water resources is still "a bone of contention" in the relations between a whole number of countries in the region. Counter-productive forces are constantly taking advantage of this to start conflicts of various levels and destabilise the region as a whole. This is an area in which our countries have a highly promising perspectives.
4. A number of countries in the region are involved in drug trafficking. Raising crops, processing and transporting them involves military force creating hotbeds of instability in the corresponding countries. The state is unable to cope with such "hot spots" on its own, so close coordination of actions among all the interested states is necessary.
5. An additional impetus to multi-lateral cooperation in the region could be the creation of a Parliamentary Union of Asian Countries as proposed by our colleagues from the Eni Azerbaijan party. Such an inter-parliamentary structure could reaffirm at the political level the growing economic potential of Asia and become a collective vehicle for expressing the political will of its peoples.
In general, we propose to recreate in a new shape the "Eurasian bridge" of the closest and effective cooperation between our peoples, countries and continents. Russia, which has for millennia been actively involved in the life both of Europe and Asia, is ready to fulfil its historic mission and be a link between the main centres of civilization of the modern world in this, the most difficult moment of its development.
On the geopolitical situation in the region
At the request of journalists, Gennady Zyuganov shared his vision of the geopolitical situation in the region.
"I am pleased that relations between Russia and Azerbaijan are strengthening. Our party has always stood for friendship and brotherhood among peoples," - said the leader of the Communist Party.
"Across the south are military operations, and we are on the border of this strip. Providing security and sustainable development, we protect our country, the people, the limits of large shocks that are already happening. We must continue this course and remember that in order to compete in this world, you must have a population of 300 million behind. Only a union of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan can ensure their safety, their markets, interests, and scientific and technological progress ", - said G. Zyuganov.
Russian communist leader said Genassambleya International Conference of Asian Political Parties held in Baku on the background of the new wave of the global crisis, which is involved in almost 200 countries. "The topic is very important. Peace, security and reconciliation in the background of what is happening today in the Middle
East, North Africa, Afghanistan. In my opinion, here in Baku to be a very serious conversation - how to get out of this complicated crisis. I recall that 150 years of capitalism, there were 12 severe crises. Of these latter two systems in the last century resulted in the two World Wars, "- said the leader of the Communist Party.
During his visit to Baku in Zyuganov held numerous bilateral meetings, including talks with the leadership of the Communist Party of Azerbaijan.